This country was founded on the principle of “no taxation without representation.” If Women are required to follow the laws set forth by our governing bodies, they should be part of the process by which those laws are made. Therefore, National Women’s Political Caucus’ primary purpose is to gain equal representation for women in government. Our plan is simple:
- Advocate for Multi-Partisan, Pro-Choice, Pro-Public Education, Pro-LGBT Candidates
- Seek, encourage and support women’s participation in leadership
- Match Mentors who are elected officials with Mentees who are running (or potentially running) for office
The Women's Political Caucus of New York is dedicated to increasing women's participation in the political process, increasing the number of women in elected and appointed office, protecting reproductive freedom, and creating a women's political power base to achieve equality for ALL women.
- Recruits and trains women candidates and their campaign organizations
- Endorses women candidates who support reproductive freedom, the Equal Rights Amendment and other issues that affect the lives of women and families
- Contributes to WPCNY-endorsed women candidates through its Political Action Committee
- Advocates on issues that support women and families
- Sponsors candidate forums and education and training workshops
- Sponsors WPCNY's Democratic and Republican Task Forces
- Sponsors county and college chapters of the WPCNY
- Hosts an awards ceremony to acknowledge the efforts of men, women, and organizations in politics, government, business, health, media and education who have promoted women's political progress.
- Encourages active participation by caucus members as volunteers, consultants, and campaign staff for WPCNY-endorsed candidates